So, normally I follow the rules of the whole "Wordless Wednesday BlogHop" but this week, I just can't! I'm sorry! I have too much to say, well Domeek says that this is normal for me, but bare with me!
While we were at Bark in the Park last weekend (huddled under the semi-shelter of a tree), we happened upon a volunteer from the Humane Society of Silicon Valley. This poor woman was being sent out in the downpour to tell everyone about an upcoming fundraiser and event that they were hosting and trying to find people and pups to sign up! Well, as you all know, I wasn't going anywhere fast...so she had a captive audience with Domeek and I!
Needless to say, after a few minutes, we were both excited and happily signed up!
Walk 'n Wag is an annual 5K walk/jog and festival that the Humane Society puts on at Hellyer County Park in San Jose. The park not only has 354 acres, a creek, hosts tons of half marathons, but also has a fantabulous dog park that lots of people and pups love! :-D
Borrowed from the HSSV website
Now, there are a ton of rescue groups and shelters in the San Francisco Bay Area that all need love and support...but let me tell you why the Humane Society of Silicon Valley totally and utterly rocks ;-) :
1. Some of my bestest friends in the entire world found their forever homes through the Humane Society of Silicon Valley!
2. HSSV finds homes for over 3,000 animals each year...that's a load of pups and kittens that needed lovin'!!
3. HSSV takes in an additional 1,000 animals each year from other rescue groups in the area that need help!
4. They believe in helping out the community!
- They provide spaying and neutering for over 7,000 animals each year.
- They offer discounts to military families and seniors in the county that want to adopt a new family member.
- They teach humane education to over 8,000 kids per year and have even created a program aimed at the underserved youth in the area!
- AND they provide free pet food to families in need that want to keep their pets in their homes!!
These are just a few of the pawesome facts about the Humane Society! :-D Feel free to buzz along their website or Twitter to discover more fab information about them!
Now, the real question becomes...how can you help out?!
Well, let's see...you can spread the word about them, their event, or even your own local Humane Society on social media (cause, that's just easy!!)!
If you live in the area...you can always join a team or register as an individual and walk alongside us!! ;-) The more the merrier after all!!
Of...if you feel incredibly generous and want to help out...
You can support Domeek and my 5K!!!
(Click on the link to read our personal story!)
We only have 11 days before the event, but are trying to raise as much money as possible for all those pups and kittens that need fantastic homes and all of the other wonderful programs that the HSSV offers to the community...but remember that we can only do so with your help!! ;-)
Either way, Domeek and I will be at Hellyer Park on October 5th with our bells on...ready to cause some ruckus on that journey!!
Thanks to everyone's support and we can't wait to show you the photos!! :-D