Image Map

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Weekend Catch-Up Time

Happy Sunday Evening Everyone!!

I hope that you have all had a wonderful weekend! :-D And, perhaps, are watching the Academy Awards as I type (I'd just like to ask what the lady who won Best Make-Up thought when she dressed for the Oscars? Hehehe!)!

This weekend was an awfully busy couple of days for me...I started off on Friday, going to the doggie park where I met up with an old puppy friend of mine, Summit, who is a miniature Australian shepherd. I haven't seen him in a few months, so it was great running around and wrestling with him!! :-D Then we met another mini called Mondo, who absolutely adored me, so all three of us went nuts around the park!! We must have spent two and a half hours at the park, personally not enough time in our minds! ;-) Hehe!

On Saturday, Auntie Nilla and her family came over and helped Domeek and I fix up the backyard and patio area! There were so many people in the house, I couldn't even count them all (um, ok...there were 6...but that's a huge number!) They weeded and then painted the concrete and garage, of course, I supervised and barked at everyone! :-D They wouldn't have gotten anywhere with out little old me! ;-)

Then this morning, we went to Holbrook Palmer Park to check out all of the cherry blossoms that are blooming super early this year! :-D

Freckles the Dog

Sorry for the bad, shaky camera photos...I was yanking on the leash! ;-)

Freckles the Dog

There are always tons of great smells at this park, so I love coming here!!

This afternoon was my first Intermediate Agility class too!! Oh man, I was kind of nervous cause it's been a few weeks since doing any kind of agility training...but we immediately did a few hurdles then the table and voila, I fell right back into it! :-D

Hessie, Millie, and Zoe were all there too, along with a couple of new dogs from Miss Rachel's other classes at different schools, including: a huge, white fluffy dog called Michael, a golden retriever who's name escapes me, and an Australian Shepherd called Teddy. A couple of the newbies were a bit nervous, but everyone kicked agility tush! :-D

This week we learned the weaving poles...um, these are challenging to say the least! There's a specific way that you have to go in and out of them, which was a bit weird to pick up...but they were pretty fun and I got tons of treats! Hehehe! Then we learned a different way to do the hurdles; instead of going in a straight line or adding a curve, we did them in a serpentine arrangement...meaning that I had to follow an S pattern without Domeek running me through them, she just directed me with her arms! I excelled at this one! ;-) Oh Yeah!

By the end of the class we were combing 12 different stations including the table, hurdles, dog walk, hoop, and tunnel! :-D Man, were we all super exhausted by the end!!

Freckles the Dog

So, I'm napping while Domeek watches the Oscars!

Well, there you go...you are all caught up on my busy weekend! I hope that you have all had a great time too...see you tomorrow! :-D


15 comments:

  1. Goose you are one busy dog. How do you do it?! You have cherry blossoms and I have feet and feet of snow. Enjoy your snooze pal.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you sure have a great life, eh? Yup, life is good for many of us! We wonder if you are going to do any of the agility competitions?

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley
    Online Doods

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww it sounds like you had a blast doing agility level 2. Good job on learning how to weave through the poles so quickly.

    I think Beamer would do well in agility. We took a mini course at some event when he was 8 months old and he learned the tunnel and hoop jump pretty quickly. I was able to teach him the ramps on my own, too. You're making me want to enrol him for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sure keep busy. No wonder you are so tired.

    Millie

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a very busy weekend. You are taking a well deserved nap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a busy weekend. Take it easy now Goose. Have a marvelous Monday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must nap now after reading about your busy weekend! :)

    Way to kick butt at agility!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Busy weekends are the best and look at you all cute and adorable curled up there.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've made us tired just reading about it! Sounds like it was a fantastic weekend, though.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wows!! That sounds like a fun filled weekend Goose!! Ma says there is nothin' better than a tired terrier!! WTF?? Like SHE would know....
    Sweet dreams...
    Kisses,
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you had a good nap Goose. You sure are one busy little pup! Those humans need someone to bark orders anyways hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woof! Woof! Hope you had a good nap and dreams. For sure you'll have another FUN weekend coming up soon. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am glad you had such a great time at your new agility class, Goose! I hope we get to see some videos of you doing all this cool stuff you're learning!

    ReplyDelete