Image Map

Friday, January 4, 2013

Phew - Chores Sure Are Hard!

Happy Friday and Saturday Everyone!!

TGIF, huh?! It might have been a holiday week, but it sure felt long! :-/

Freckles the Dog

Luckily for us the weather was absolutely gorgeous today; we had sun, it was as clear as anything, and the temperature warmed up over 55 degrees (thank goodness!)! Beautiful day overall!!

Unfortunately though, this meant that Domeek had a slew of chores and assignments for all of us! :-/ Man! I was assigned outside duty...including weeding, raking, and trimming! Urg!!

So, Domeek went and grabbed all of the necessary tools: rake, shovel, shears, pruner, giant compost garbage bin, and broom! While I prepared myself for working!

Freckles the Dog

Yep, I immediately started to...find sticks!

Freckles the Dog

Man oh man, was I the greatest stick finder...ever!!

Freckles the Dog

I'm pretty proud of myself for that one, look how huge it is!! :-D

Freckles the Dog

I tell you, by the end of those couple hours in the front yard, there wasn't a stick to be had, I got them all!! Domeek was actually pretty impressed with all the work that I'd done (and she was surprised that she had to do all the 'real' work, hehehe)! 

I was so exhausted that by the time we went inside, I couldn't part with the couch for the rest of the night! I even turned my nose up to the idea of a walk! I know, the insanity!! 

Freckles the Dog

Domeek claims that the weather is going to be all rainy tomorrow, but that still wasn't enough enticement! 

Needless to say, it's definitely going to be an early night for me! ;-)

Sleep tight everyone!!



13 comments:

  1. Good job with the sticks buddy. Next time give me a call and I will gladly help you out with them.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be happy to help with the sticks too. I love me a good stick.

    Millie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Goose, that really does look like hard work. My Shiner loves sticks too. I think it is so cute how you are always cuddled up next to your kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, i personally think you had the hardest job so deserved that sleep on the couch. Have a superb Saturday!
    Love Milo :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stick collector extraordinaire !!! What a totally pawsome job you did - and that was a well earned sleep

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK, we are changing your name to "Stick Man", you were awesome at that, hope your enjoy that nighty night time!

    Your Pals
    Susie & Bites

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looked like hard work... have a good rest! :)

    Barks,
    Muffin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good work, my friend! It seems we always get the hard jobs so I hope you got a good, long rest in! Goodness knows they may have more chores for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh man Goose! You sure are a hard worker! Oh, the weather sure was amazin' this week, huh?! Oh, I gots extra walkies and everythings! Now, those #@%& rain clouds are back! Pfft!
    I thinks I'll join you on the couch...

    Kisses,
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  10. You worked very hard so of course you had to rest! Our sticks are covered in snow so we are on "stick-hold". Have a great weekend!

    Keep Calm & Bark On,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, you steals all those sticks! And then, you puts them on Domeek's bed, I tell you, she'll be happier than ever, she'll be speechless! Like this one time I climbed on my human's bed with muddy paws, she was so happy she was speechless :D
    Cotton

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent work, Goose! You definitely earned some relaxation after all that stick finding. Domeek must have been very proud of you :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. You should have taken a stick in to chew on the lounge. Floyd loves a good indoor stick chew, I don't think the peeps are as enthusiastic though...

    ReplyDelete